ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The effective date of this Online Privacy Statement (the “Policy”) is June 1, 2019.
Protecting your privacy is important to Mortgage Assets Management, LLC (“MAM”) and our employees. Please take a few minutes to review this Policy before using www.mamassets.com (the “Site”). This Policy explains how, within the Site, we collect, use, and protect personal information, when and to whom we disclose such information, and the choices you have about the use and disclosure of that information. By using the Site, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information as set forth herein. If you do not agree with this, please do not use the Site.
A. Scope of Policy
1. Terms and Conditions
This Policy is part of the Terms and Conditions for the Site.
2. Privacy Notices
This Policy includes any separate privacy notices and/or notices posted on particular pages of this Site that may provide more detail regarding the Personal Information we collect on those pages, why we need that information, and choices you may have about the ways we use that information.
3. Other Agreements
When you sign up to use a special feature of the Site, you may be asked to expressly consent to special terms; for example, by checking a box or clicking on a button marked, “I agree.” This separate agreement will supplement or amend this Policy, but only with respect to the matters governed by such separate agreement.
4. Links to Other Sites
This Site may contain links to other third-party websites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by MAM, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Site. This Policy does not apply to such unaffiliated websites. Accordingly, MAM does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy, security or the content of such other websites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
5. Access to Site from Outside the United States
Your Personal Information is currently collected and stored on servers located in the United States, although we may transfer your Personal Information to our service providers and others located in the United States or another country for the purposes described in this Policy. No matter where your Personal Information is collected, used, transferred or stored, if it was collected through this Site, it will be protected by the terms of this Policy.
By using this site, you are consenting to the collection, use, transfer and storage of your personal information in or to the United States or to any other country in the world, subject to the terms of this Policy and applicable law.
B. Types of Information We Collect
MAM may collect two types of information from you: “Personal Information” and “Browsing Information”.
“Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Examples of Personal Information include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g., your name, address, and email address);
- Demographic information (e.g., date of birth, gender, marital status);
- Identity information (e.g., Social Security Number, driver’s license, passport, or other government ID number);
- Financial account information (e.g., loan or bank account information); and,
- Other personal information necessary to provide products or services to you.
“Browsing Information” refers to the following types of information MAM may automatically collect from you when you access the Site, online service, or application from your internet browser, computer, and/or mobile devise:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address and operating system;
- Browser version, language, and type;
- Domain name system requests; and,
- Browsing history on the Site, such as date and time of your visit to the Site and visits to the pages within the Site.
C. How Personal and Browsing Information is Collected
1. Information You Volunteer
MAM may collect Personal Information about you from:
- Information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use this Site. For example, we may collect the Personal Information you submit when you register with this Site and/or contact us with questions.
- Information about your transactions with MAM, its affiliates, or others; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies and/or governmental entities, either directly from these entities or through others.
2. Information Sent by Your Web Browser
We may collect information that is sent to us automatically by your Web browser. This information typically includes your IP address (identifies your computer’s “location” and may be linked to account information that identifies you personally), the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. Please check your browser or contact your browser provider if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies: We may use “cookies” and other Web technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site. A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Information gathered using cookies helps us improve your user experiences. For example, we may use these technologies to:
- Collect information about Site usage — which pages are visited, which links are used, and how long each page is visited.
- Support the features and functionality of this Site — for example, to save you the trouble of re-entering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits, and
- Personalize your experience on the Site.
Generally, the information we collect using these Web technologies does not identify you personally. If, however, you have created a user identity, for example, by registering on this Site, we may link the information we collect using these Web technologies to other information that identifies you personally.
Generally, if you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your Internet browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit this Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of this Site if your browser rejects cookies.
Do Not Track: Currently, the Site does not respond to “Do Not Track” features enabled through your browser.
D. How We Use Personal Information
In general, we use Personal Information we collect through this Site:
- To provide the information, products and services you request.
- To better understand your needs and interests.
- To provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site.
- To provide you with effective customer service.
- To improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site.
- To contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site.
- To contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us).
- To invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us).
- To improve our products and services.
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
- For security, credit or fraud prevention purposes.
- For any other purpose identified in any other agreement between us.
E. How We Share Your Information
1. Third-Party Vendors
We may share Personal Information or Browsing Information collected through this Site with nonaffiliated service providers who perform services or functions for or on our behalf and who agree to use the information only to provide such services or functions. These service providers may need information about you to perform their functions. In addition, we may share such information with nonaffiliated third-party service providers with whom we perform joint marketing, pursuant to an agreement with them to jointly market financial products or services to you. The law does not require your prior authorization and does not allow you to restrict such disclosures.
2. MAM Related Companies
When you provide Personal Information through this Site we may share your Personal Information with MAM employees and any affiliated companies. Any MAM-affiliated company is required to handle information collected through this Site in accordance with this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us. Accordingly, if we share your Personal Information with a related company, it will use your information only as permitted under this Policy (and any applicable Privacy Notices) and will honor the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
3. Business Negotiations/Transfers
We may contemplate, for strategic or other reasons, selling, buying, merging, or otherwise reorganizing one or more of our businesses. In negotiating with a third-party about entering into such an arrangement, we may need to disclose your Personal Information. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to protect the Personal Information we disclose, for example, by requiring a prospective purchaser to sign a non-disclosure agreement limiting the use and protecting the confidentiality of the Personal Information.
Your Personal Information may also be transferred to a successor organization if, for example, we transfer the ownership or operation of this Site to another organization or if we merge with another organization. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization’s use of your Personal Information will still be subject to this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
4. Compliance with Laws and Protection of Our Rights and the Rights of Others
We may disclose your Personal Information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with legal process or applicable law, a court order, or a subpoena. We may also disclose your Personal Information to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft, material misrepresentation or nondisclosure; to protect the security of this Site; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. The law does not require your prior authorization and does not allow you to restrict such disclosures.
5. As Described in a Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as described in any Privacy Notice posted on the Web page where you provide that information. By providing your Personal Information on that Web page, you will be consenting to the disclosure of your Personal Information as described in that Privacy Notice.
F. Your Choices About Your Information
1. In General
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information. As noted above, you have choices about the delivery of cookies to your computer through this Site. In addition, we may ask you to indicate certain choices at the time we collect your Personal Information, for example, via an “opt out” or “opt in” choice. If you do not want MAM to share your information with our affiliates to directly market to you, you may send an “opt out” request by email, phone, or physical mail as directed below. We do not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliates for their use to directly market to you.
2. Previously Expressed Preferences
You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your Personal Information. If you have registered with this Site, you may be able to change certain privacy preferences through your account settings. Otherwise, if at any time you wish to be taken off any MAM mailing list, please contact us at (512) 253-2880 or email@example.com. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists as you have requested. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
3. State Notices
• For California Residents: We will not share your Personal Information or Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third-parties, except as permitted by California law. California residents are provided a separate notice with additional choices as required by California law.
- For Nevada Residents: We are providing this notice under Nevada law (Nev. Rev. Stat. § 228.600(3)). You may be placed on our Internal Do Not Call list by calling (512) 253-2880 or by contacting us via the information set forth at the end of this Policy. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: (702) 486-3132; email: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
- For Oregon Residents: We will not share your Personal Information or Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third-parties for marketing purposes, except after you have been informed by us of such sharing and had an opportunity to indicate that you do not want a disclosure made for marketing purposes.
- For Vermont Residents: We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures.
G. How to Access, Update or Correct Your Personal Information
If you have registered with this Site, you may be able to access, update, or correct your Personal Information through your account settings. Otherwise, you may need our help. If you wish to access, update, or correct your Personal Information, please contact us at (512) 253-2880 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you within a reasonable time and, in any case, within the time limits established by applicable law. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identify.
H. Steps We Take to Safeguard Your Personal Information/Security
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information you submit on or through this Site. We limit access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who need to know that information to do their job. When we provide Personal Information to others as discussed in this Policy, we expect that they process such information in compliance with the Policy and in compliance with applicable privacy laws. Unfortunately, no website, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
I. Children Under the Age of Thirteen
The Site is not intended for children or minors under the age of 13 years and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, or market online to, children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
J. Updates to this Online Privacy Statement
K. Contact Us
If you have questions about this Online Privacy Statement, please contact our Compliance Department at (512) 253-2880, email us at email@example.com, or write to us at Mortgage Assets Management, LLC, 12345 North Lamar Blvd, Suite 125, Austin, TX 78753 .